Driving Solutions - From Homelessness To Hope
Hearth Connection is a nonprofit organization working to end long-term homelessness throughout Minnesota. Hearth Connection acts as an intermediary, collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders, nonprofits, government, and health care entities to offer solutions to homelessness.
For over a decade, we have offered administrative support, fiscal oversight, and research to the state’s largest network of supportive housing. We are now focused on finding ways to improve the efficiency of integrating supportive housing with health care systems. Hearth Connection is an accountable organization that is dedicated to using data and research to improve local attempts to address and end homelessness. So what exactly does that mean? Learn more about Our Work.
To build relationships, resources, infrastructure and understanding, so that no one in Minnesota remains homeless, and people who were homeless can prosper.
"People with long histories of homelessness are isolated, vulnerable, often disabled and wary of agencies offering assistance. Our work expands access to supportive housing and helps participants recover their health and lead lives of greater self-determination. We plan to not only transform the lives of our participants, but to transform the way systems interact in responding to homelessness. I hope you will support our progress."
- Richard Hooks Wayman, former Executive Director, Hearth Connection.
Strategic Goals for 2013
Our key goals for 2013 are listed below; see more in our strategic plan for 2012-2014.
- Create, test, and disseminate scalable innovations that strengthen and distinguish our supportive housing approach
- Integrate health care systems with supportive housing
- Evolve Hearth Connection's role as an intermediary
- Update our business model
- Hearth Connection's supportive housing model was recognized nationally as a "promising practice" in a research brief from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services ASPE, 2012
- Recipient of a 2012 Achieving Dreams Award from RESOURCE, Inc.
- Finalist in the Minnesota Cup - Social Entrepeneur division, 2009